Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Watch

Somewhere, someone had hidden a camera in my apartment. A moving-picture type camera, for as I gazed at the screen, I saw myself moving. The back of my head, to be precise.

So I turned and looked, and of course saw nothing. Whoever would hide a camera would... well... hide it. But when I turned back around, I was looking at my face, as though the camera were inside of my computer's screen. I looked around for a long time, checking out my screen to see if I could find it, and eventually ended up looking on the back of the monitor.

When I came back to the screen, the camera's location was changing every few seconds. First here, then there. Now I saw my face, now I saw my hair, and now the sides of my shoes. There must have been cameras all around, and watching my many-faceted being turned over and over by a thousand cameras I could not see, I became very disoriented, and felt vomit rising up hot and stinging in my throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment